Print Friendly, PDF & Email

This article came from the Chronicle published September 1978.

 

Inside the Front Cover – Society Details

 

YEOVIL ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY

Founded 1954

Affiliated to

Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society
and
The Council for British Archaeology


Annual subscriptions:

Individual   70p
Husband and wife   £1.00
Family   £1.20
Junior   25p


Winter Meetings

Held at Yeovil Reference Library, King George Street, on the first Friday of each month, commencing at 7.30p.m. sharp, starting with tho Annual General Meeting on 6th October.

Members and visitors, 10p.

Parking space adjoins the Library.


Officers

Chairman: Miss Isobel Rendell

152 Hendford Hill, Yeovil. Telephone Yeovil 6570

Hon.Secretary: W.T.J.Chapman,

68 Carisbrooke Gardens, Yeovil. Telephone Yeovil 21713

Hon.Treasurer:

Committee: Mrs P.A.Knight; L.E.J.Brooke; R.J.Clynick; J.W.Jeffery

Publications: Mrs.P.A.Knight

Committee: L.E.J.Brooke (Editor) Hon.Secretary (ex officio)


Chronicle

Journal of the Society – Articles and communications for the next issue should be handed or sent to the Editor, L.E.J.Brooke, 18 Stiby Road, Yeovil, BA21 3EF.


Hits: 46

Archives
Programme

Click here to see detailed programme.

Winter Talks-2019/20

Fri 4th Oct – The Roman History of Ilchester

Fri 1st Nov – The Roman Conquest of the South West

Fri 6th Dec – Rural Poverty in South Somerset

Fri 3rd Jan 2020 – Members’ Evening – all welcome

Fri 7th Feb – The History of Carnivals in Somerset

Fri 6th Mar – The Knights Templar

Fri 3rd Apr – Money Through Time

Fri 1st May – A short AGM – followed by a talk

Gallery
Alfred-Jewel-Taunton-2015 East-Coker-Mosaic From the Clynick Collection (1980's) - No Information - 5 From the Clynick Collection (1980's) - St-Albans-9 The-Clock Mechanism at Montacute Church Yeovil St John's Roof Boss(